Agent Terms and Conditions
- OCCUPANCY The premises are let to you the ‘Primary Guest’ for holiday purposes only for the period as stipulated on your reservation confirmation and for the maximum persons agreed with the agent at the time of booking. The Primary Guest warrants that they are 21 years of age or over and that person will be held responsible for the conduct of all guests. We require photo ID from the Primary Guest on booking.
- DESCRIPTIONS The description of the premises by KVE(Kangaroo Valley Escapes) is given in good faith and no responsibility for misinterpretation will be accepted. No refund is given if you are not satisfied with your accommodation.
- TARIFFS are current and are subject to change without notice.
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE The property will be available for occupancy from 3.00pm on arrival day and is to be vacated by 11.00am on the day of departure unless prior arrangements are made with KVE. Failure to vacate at the required time will incur a penalty equivalent to one night’s accommodation. Keys are to be returned to KVE immediately upon check out according to instructions. The credit card ‘bond’ will be held on booking to cover any additional expenses incurred. This will be held until the premises has been inspected and cleared. The credit card used must be in the name of the person who signs this agreement.
- PAYMENT By paying a deposit you are agreeing in full to our Terms and Conditions. To confirm your holiday booking we require half the total value of your booking. If the payment is not paid by your deposit due date the booking will be automatically cancelled. The final balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. Payment methods include, SecurePay, direct debit, Credit card and Debit card. Bookings will be cancelled if payment is not received in accordance with the above terms. We will only charge the guests’ card in accordance with our terms and conditions and any applicable Australian Laws. All charges will be subject to a service fee equivalent to the merchant fee paid by KV and SH Escapes.
Saving of Credit Card Details
- If you pay by credit card, our reservation system saves those details so that we can automatically process any further payments on your behalf.
- In addition, if your property does not stipulate a cash bond, we keep your credit card details on file in the event of damage to the property, excessive cleaning charges, removal of excess rubbish, or any other breach of our Terms and Conditions
- A bond claim may entail a charge for the time of our staff or cleaners at a rate of $50 per hour, tradespeople at a rate of $70 - 90 per hour, Damage caused by the guests during their stay, tip fees for excess rubbish at cost, and any materials used at cost
- If required a tax invoice for the amount of any bond claim will be provided to you by us
- SECURITY BOND The guest agrees to KVE holding an amount of up to $3000 as a security deposit against a nominated credit card dependent on the property booked. To be released if and when the property has been inspected, and the release is approved by Housekeeping. The Guest acknowledges that charges for damages or missing items upon departure will be deducted from the security deposit. Any excess damages will be invoiced to the Primary Guest. This amount is held for 7-10days(or the duration of your stay if longer) If a claim is made from the Security Bond a fee will be made of $80 as a processing charge. Claims may include but not limited to damage or breakages, excess cleaning, excess rubbish and its removal, damage caused by pets, guests in excess of the number booked for, functions and events held at the home without agent prior knowledge, police or security guard call outs and any associated aggravation. We reserve the right to attend the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal to recover these costs.
- BOOKING CONDITIONS Advance bookings are accepted by us in good faith on behalf of the property owner. We cannot however accept responsibility in the following circumstances – sale of property; increase in tariff; alteration of the property; malfunction of any inventory items; property withdrawn from letting; noise; inconvenience or loss of view caused by building construction on neighbours or nearby properties. Should you wish to change a booking after the booking has been confirmed an administration fee of $100 will be incurred .
- CANCELLATIONS if we are given more than 30 days notice of your cancelled holiday booking your deposit will be refunded less the Booking Fee for that property. If the bookings for a peak period i.e Christmas/New Year/Easter there be an administration fee of $150 plus the Booking Fee. If bookings are cancelled within the 30 day period no deposit will be refunded unless the property is re-let for the same tariff and same dates, in this case the deposit would be refunded less the $150 administration fee. The same policy applies for reduced stays. If you reduce the length of your stay giving more than 30 days notice your tariff will be adjusted accordingly. If you reduce the length of your stay giving less than 30 days notice of check in you will be charged the full amount. If we are able to re-let the property for the same dates for the same tariff your tariff will be adjusted accordingly. Please note we cannot offer a refund if you change your mind about the property after your arrival .COVID-19- We are adhering to any and all Government Restrictions as they change . Should we go back to lockdown or further travel restrictions we will offer you a free postponement as a credit voucher to be used within 24 months or simply reschedule your stay with no administration fees. Please take out Travel Insurance to safe guard against sickness bad weather or any event that may cause you to cancel the booking.(COVID-19 will not be covered) Refunds are at the discretion of KV and SH Escapes if outside of our cancellation policy.
- HOUSEKEEPING The premises are to be left in the condition of initial occupancy. Additional housekeeping fees will be charged for properties left in an unsatisfactory condition, (e.g. any rubbish/food scraps left in inside bins), An additional $60 fee will be charged if property left in unsatisfactory condition and if any used items are not clean and put away. Please clean BBQ before leaving a $60 fee will be deducted from your bond if left unclean. Do not move furniture.
- Where there are Council bins provided, one for recycling & one for household waste (some properties may not have a recycling bin) please use these appropriately. The bin is to be put out for council collections during the week. Any excess rubbish must be taken to the Transfer Station in Kangaroo Valley or Moss Vale (opening Hours are restricted – check with KVE), any excess rubbish removal required will incur a minimum cost of $40 Some properties are outside Council Collection areas. In this case all general rubbish should be placed in plastic bags and taken with you on departure. Any rubbish left will be charged at a minimum of $40 dependant on quantity and type. To keep costs down please separate recyclables
- MAINTENANCE requirements must be reported immediately. The Guest agrees to allow KVE or our nominee to enter accommodation to arrange necessary repairs. During your stay we endeavour to have repairs to appliances attended to however due to circumstance beyond our control immediate repair is not always possible. No responsibility is taken by KVE or the owner in such circumstances. There will be no refund or discount deducted from the tariffs. We will always use our best endevours to find a replacement during your stay.
- CONSTRUCTION:- KVE or the owner will not be held responsible or liable to compensate for building and construction work being done on neighbouring properties
- INTERNET USAGE. Internet is provided at some of our homes as a convenience to our guests, for the purpose of emails viewing social media and web browsing. Logins are provided. Please note that uninterrupted connection cannot be guaranteed. We recommend that if you have urgent or important business to conduct during your stay you should bring your own mobile internet device for this purpose. Telstra is the most reliable service for both internet and mobile coverage. Due to the intermittent and unpredictable nature of technical issues, we cannot offer a refund or discount on your tariff should internet or mobile coverage be unavailable at any time during your stay.
- PETS are generally NOT permitted on the premises. Written approval and consent by KVE and the Property Owner is required in the event that a pet stay on the premises. Applications must be made prior to the signing of this agreement and fees may apply. Guests will have their stay terminated immediately if a pet is found on a premise without written approval. An administration fee of $100 will be charged on top of the cost of cleaning carpets, furniture or mess left by dogs at the home. We ask you follow the following simple rules:
All pets approved prior to stay
Any mess , including indoors must be wrapped and placed in outside bins
Pet bedding supplied by owners
NO sleeping of pet on furniture or bedding.
Do not leave pet unattended in home.
- NON SMOKING PROPERTIES All holiday let premises are NON SMOKING. Any evidence of such will incur extra cleaning charges. Additional housekeeping fees will be charged for properties left in an unsatisfactory condition.
- OVERCROWDING of properties will result in the immediate termination of your stay and no refunds will be paid. The number of occupants must not exceed the number stated and agreed for the property at the time of booking. If an excess number of guests have been using the property without KVE’s approval then a fee per guest per stay will become payable as deemed reasonable by KVE.
- FUNCTIONS/GATHERINGS (unless the property is specifically offered for this purpose) are strictly not permitted and penalties apply. The properties KVE generally manage are for holiday accommodation only. Functions of any sort are not permitted. Immediate eviction will occur and no refund will be given.
- DAMAGE CHARGES All damages, breakages or losses to the property and/or furnishings will be charged to the Primary Guest. Report immediately any items found to be damaged or broken upon your arrival. All items in the property have been identified and will be checked after the stay.
- LOST KEYS and safe keeping of property keys are the responsibility of the Guest. If keys are lost, locks must be changed and the Guest will be responsible for reimbursement to the Agent. A charge of $300 will be deducted from the Security Bond for any keys lost. A fee of $100 will be charge if we are called to the property to retrieve keys that are locked in a property.
- NEIGHBOURS No Person on the premises shall be guilty of conduct that is a nuisance to the adjoining neighbouring occupiers.
- THIRD PARTY SERVICES Should you engage a Third Party Service during your stay such as a Caterer, Beautician ,Massage Therapist it is your responsibility to ensure they adhere to the Terms and Conditions of the property and hold appropriate Public Liability Insurance.
- CRIMINAL ACTIVITY Use of the property for any criminal activity including the properties Internet facility is ofcourse prohibited and may result in fines and prosecution.
- LIMITED LIABILITY In no case shall KVE , nor its officers, directors, employees, agents or owners be liable for any indirect, consequential damages or for any damages for death, bodily or personal injury, damage to property, emotional distress arising out of or in connection with your stay. This limitation applies to all claims for damages including negligence even if KVE has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
- INDEMNITY No liability can be accepted by KVE or their Owners for any loss or injury to the guest/s during their stay including events beyond our control. These events are as follows but not limited to,fire ,flood, adverse weather, terrorist and war activity to name but a few and no refund can be given or offered under these circumstances.
- POOLS ALL CHILDREN ARE TO BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES BY AN ADULT. If you notice a faulty gate ,fence or lock you are to report this to KVE immediately. No pools are to be used after 10pm and before 6am
- BREACH of the any of the above conditions will result in the immediate termination of your stay. Any costs associated with any repair, excess clawing or loss of income as a result of a guest’s or visitor’s actions, negligence or misconduct will be recovered from the Primary Guest.
- DAMAGE LOSS OR THEFT OF TENANTS PROPERTY No responsibility is accepted by either KVE or the landlord for guest’s property left on the premises. Landlord insurance does not cover the loss of tenant’s belongings.
- BOOKING FEE A $60 booking fee will be added onto each booking.
- LOST & FORGOTTEN ITEMS Please check carefully before you leave the property, as we cannot guarantee any items left in the property will be found and returned to you. Should we be requested to return left items a fee of $40+ will be charged.
- FORCE MAJEURE- Kangaroo Valley and Southern Highlands Escapes will not be in breach of this agreement or held in anyway liable if we are prevented from complying with this agreement by reason of God, Act of Terrorism, Act of public enemy, Flood, Riot, Earthquake, Explosion, Rule Regulations, Compliance with any law or government restraint order, Strike, Lockout or any other cause not reasonably within the control of KV and SH Escapes.
- PRIVACY ACT 2000
The personal information the guest provides or that which is collected from other sources is necessary for the agent to verify the applicant’s identity, process and contact the guest.
The personal information collected about the guest may be disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected to other parties including the landlord, our staff, our cleaners or contractors if a problem arises, the police, referees, financial institutions, other agents, third party operators of tenancy databases and other third parties as required by law. Information already held on tenancy reference databases may also be disclosed to the KVE or landlord. If the guest would like to access his/her personal information held by KVE, they can do so by contacting us. The guest can also correct this information if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.